“Students with Questions” interact with the MATERIALS and with the COMMUNITY CLOUD to develop and demonstrate COMPETENCIES displayed through AUTHENTIC ASSESSMENT.
Advisors and alumni populate the CLOUD – online faculty assess alumni contribution and award “SNHU Creds”.
Alumni / other community members get – 5 “SNHU Creds” per “helpful” comment
Students are “granted” 60 questions per course – if they come in below that, they get SNHU question credit (see below)
Students who graduate (course or program) with questions remaining (think: Lives left) get SNHU question Credit
– $10 per question or partial credit towards subsequent courses – (think: retention element)
Students who clear competencies in ANY time frame get full academic credits (think: cleared Level x – Go to Next level)
Alumni responding to student issues get 5 SNHU Creds per response
Alumni who act as Graders get 20 SNHU Creds per assignment that they grade.
- When an Alum accumulates 100 SNHU Creds (s)he can cash them in for $50 or 0.1 “retrain credits” – towards a future (free) course that will keep them current in their field. 0.1 x 30 (or 3000 Creds) = FREE 3-credit course.
- When an Alum accumulates 10,000 Creds = guaranteed teaching appointment*.
They have at this stage at least proven they are very responsive and can help students in the course(s).
* If they meet department hiring guidelines
- Builds alumni community, allows them to give back, helps build faculty pool