17 Chestnut Street, Keene, NH 03431 USA
Marlboro College, Graduate Center, Vermont (2000)
Master of Arts in Teaching with Internet Technologies
Manchester University, Manchester, England (1989)
B.Sc. (Hons) Analysis of Science and Technology.
Level Two National Japanese Language Proficiency Examination
(equivalent to degree level Japanese)
Conversational Spanish (over six months in Spanish-speaking countries)
• Academic / technical training background specializing in Pedagogic and Andragogic (adult learning) environments.
• Proficient in emerging technologies – excelling at direction / instruction / collaboration at a distance.
• Program Development lead experience – MBA in Managing for sustainability, Certificate in Non profit Leadership, MSM in Healthcare Administration all launched in the last two years.
• Transitioned Massachusetts General Hospital’s Clinical Research program to an online environment as part of my Master’s thesis project.
SNHU Innovation Lab: Leader Learning and Development
(November 2011 – present)
Developing new models of Teaching and Learning, leveraging technology and OpenCourseWare to deliver DISRUPTIVE INNOVATION in education meeting SNHU’s pedagogic and social values. Achievements will be listed below (last updated November 2011!)
PRESS RELEASE http://wikieducator.org/SNHU/SNHU_Creates_Innovation_Lab_and_Partners_with_OERu
Associate Vice President for Learning and Development
(December 2010 – October 2011)
Responsibilities include: Design team lead and oversight of the launch of the SNHU Content Enhanced new model for course delivery
• A $2Million+ project to convert over 300 courses to a more prescriptive format, allowing faculty to focus on teaching / pedagogy rather than on instructional design.
• Implementing a focus on assessment and competencies that will allow for more and better evaluation of outcomes with students better prepared for successful careers.
• Researching new models of teaching and learning with a focus on mentor / peer / social modes of learning.
Chief Academic Officer
(August 2008 – December 2010)
Responsibilities include: Quality of SNHU’s Online programs, liaison with SNHU’s academic arm on issues of governance and development, oversight of Instructional Design and faculty Services teams.
• Revised processes for monitoring and developing quality in the online courses – student surveys, instructor and student handbooks, policy review, faculty hiring process, staffing and budgeting.
• Online representative on Academic Council, Curriculum Committee, Strategic Planning, Schedule Management Team, Web Development planning committee.
• Launched community staff intranet.
Director of Academic Programs, Marlboro College Graduate Center
(2004 to 2008)
Responsibilities include: oversight of the Graduate Center – admissions, academics, marketing, web, technical and student services.
• Transitioned the school and the faculty to a new Open Source platform.
• Led the development and launch of the MBA program at Marlboro
• Responsible for faculty hiring, training and development,
• Developed new assessment criteria to develop the quality of online / hybrid instruction.
• Analysis of new business opportunities for development and enlargement of student and faculty pools.
Director of Academic Technology New England College, New Hampshire
(August 2002 to August 2004)
Responsibilities included: training, orientation and implementation of instructional technologies including wireless and distance learning.
• Administration of NEC’s Blackboard learning environment
• Launching initiatives and programs to support new technologies in the institution (Element K, Banner integration with Blackboard, Screencorder, WINK etc.)
• Analysis of new products and integration with existing platforms
• Website development for training and support. Launch of TechNEC – the comprehensive support team that facilitated faculty, staff and student use of computing resources.
• Website redesign and implementation of a (managed) web-development team.
• Implementation of college web policy – branding, marketing and content management.
Instructional Designer- Kaplan College
(April 2003 to August 2004)
Responsibilities included: working with Course Developers, Editorial Leads and Producers to transition traditional face-to face courses to Kaplan’s proprietary Higher Education Online Platform
Web Manager – Sonera zed US
(July 2000 to September 2001)
Manager for the development of web components for MVAS products for US subsidiary of multi-national wireless Internet aggregation company.
• Liaison with in-country Marketing and Product teams to educate audience about our products’ capabilities.
• Management of distant technical staff (based in New Jersey) to articulate and drive product development from concept to delivery.
• Ongoing management and maintenance of web product, working with demanding project timelines for zed and third party clients including AT+T, Powertel, Cincinnati Bell, Suncom / Telecorp.
• Client and project management face to face and at a distance.
Client Services Manager / Section Trainer
(1994 to 1999)
ECC Foreign Language Institute Corporate Sales Division, Osaka, Japan
(ECC is one of the largest language companies in Japan – my duties extended to over 140 branches employing 450 native English speakers of differing nationalities. Offices in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe and Hiroshima)
Responsibilities included: Managing the division’s staff, hiring and training of staff, overseeing selection and production of teaching materials – some web based – according to customer needs and sales direction. Orientation and training of new employees, observation of and follow up with established employees across cultures and languages. Creation of training materials for a number of client companies including SHARP, Mitsubishi, Shimano and British Airways.
Recent Presentations and Committees
University of Arizona – Impact Assessment in a Web 2.0 world
Eduventures – panelist – Future projections in Online learning
NERCOMP Program Committee 2005-2008
Brattleboro Affordable Housing Committee 2005-2007
VT 3.0 conference New pedagogy and new community 2007
Monadnock SCORE Presentation Web based marketing 2006